Nor'easter
The rain batters the window in my hotel room.
The wind is howling through the night.
I have only been gone a day.
But it feels like forever.
Since we were lying in bed.
Staring into each other’s eyes.
My heart is breaking.
As I see my beloved sister.
Struggle with her emotions.
The stresses of a decade.
Weighs on her shoulders.
Knowing there is little I can do.
Living a thousand miles away.
I remain steady and supportive.
Even though I am trembling inside.
My mother is frail.
A year and a half of chemo and radiation.
Will do that to a person.
Fighting a battle.
Which will never be won.
It’s time to stop the poison.
And let Adonai give Mom the strength.
To find peace.
And to bask in the love and comfort.
Of family and friends.
I cry alone through the Nor’easter rain.
A feeling of change is coming, both good and bad.
But I know through it all your love keeps me strong.
That’s all I need until our lips meet again.
Tomorrow Eve.
Comments
Post a Comment